Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

I accidentally deleted photos from my micro SD card from my…

I accidentally deleted photos from...
I accidentally deleted photos from my micro SD card from my Android phone. These photos are real imp. Would it possible to get it back
8/13/2017
Ashik, Smartphone Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

As you probably already know, when you delete something from your phone, only the reference to that file is being deleted and the actual file will be still there for a limited time and could be recovered using third party data recovery applications. These deleted files will be there until they are over written with new ones. It is possible to retrieve deleted files like photos. But that completely depends up on how much you used your phone and wrote to SD card after you deleted them.

If you have taken photos or videos, downloaded apps etc to SD card after you deleted them then the chance of them getting recovered is slim to none. Because they might be over written with new ones.

There are many deleted recovery applications out there. You need to use a computer to do the recovery.

Get a SD reader first --> https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Portable-Reader-RS-MMC-Micro/dp/B006T9B6R2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1502649803&sr=8-3&keywords=micro+sd+reader

(You can buy cheap card readers from local electronics shops)

Then connect the SD card to your computer using that reader. Now you can download the recovery application and run a scan. You can use following apps (use the trial version first)

EaseUS Recovery --> https://www.easeus.com/data-recovery/card-recovery-software/sd-card-recovery-freeware.htm

DiskDrill --> https://www.cleverfiles.com/memory-card-data-recovery.html

Remember, the chance of getting the files back completely depends up on the factors I mentioned.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Thank you. I will try this and get back.

You're most welcome !

Ashik, Smartphone Tech