Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

I think my iphone5 got wet. Is there a way to remove

Customer Question
batteries? It seems to be...
I think my iphone5 got wet. Is there a way to remove batteries? It seems to be very hot to the touch. I do have insurance.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Apple iPhone 5
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Today only got it wet while fishing. I purchased a waterproof cover at time I bought the phone cost me 85$
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Smartphones
8/4/2017
Technician: Josh, Technician replied 4 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Since iPhones are not covered under any warranty for water damage, the only thing you can really try is submerging the iPhone in white rice for 24-48 hours.

During that period please do not take the phone out or try to use it. (Make sure it is powered off) Once the time has elapsed, turn the iPhone on and see if it is any better.

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

What about warranty? How about waterproof phone cover don't they share responsibility?

No, the waterproof case company will replace the case itself but not the phone.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Josh, Technician