Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I just got a new phone. I tapped in a code yesterday, I

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a new phone. I tapped in a code yesterday, I can't open my phone. I remember the code, Can I start again.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Brand new

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Why would my phone be connected to my TV

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

I got a new phone, my grandson took the SIM CARD out of my old phone, it ask for a tap in security,I did that it asked for a security code I did that.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you?

I am asking about my phone not TV that is what it says on my screen

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Smartphones
8/3/2017
Technician: Richard, Smartphone Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Smartphone Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me the model phone you have please?

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
G3. I don't think I have the SIm card My grandson took the card out of my old phone. I have a numb rfor the SIM card that I should have got but I just checked the packaging it is not there.

Do you mean an S3? As a G3 does not exist

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I don't have the correct SIM card. How can you call. I am looking at the bill that accompanied the phone. It says LG G3 (new) with a serial number.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry I am going to take this back to the office. thank you

Thanks

What you need to do is reset the phone

To do this, do the following

1. Turn the power off.
2 Press and hold the Power/Lock key + Volume Down key on the back of the phone.
3 Release the Power/Lock Key only when the LG logo is displayed, then immediately press and hold the Power/Lock Key again.
4 Release all keys when the Factory hard reset screen is displayed.
5 Press the Power/Lock Key to continue or either of the Volume Keys to cancel.
6 Press the Power/Lock Key once more to confi rm or either of the Volume Keys to cancel.

Let me know how you go please