Josh, Technician
Experience:  Smartphone support
50836188

My cell phone has a black screen. It is charged and will

Customer Question

My cell phone has a black screen. It is charged and will ring. Since I'm using a Bose Bluetooth, I am able to answer if someone calls. I have tried holding the sleep/wake buttons for 10 seconds...to no avail.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: I purchased the 6 plus in Feb a year and a half ago.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This started a couple of hours ago. I tried rebooting and I tried holding starter wake button with on/off button for over 10 sec as prescribed.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No...other than that if I didn't have the Bluetooth I wouldn't know that I could even receive a call.
Category: Smartphones
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's been 30 minutes now!
Any advice on fixing the problem?
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I apologize that you had to wait a long time for help.

Do you still need help with your issue?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I still need help.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Please press and hold down the POWER and HOME buttons together on your iPhone until you see the Apple icon. After you see the icon, release the buttons and the iPhone will restart.

Does it work after the restart?

Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

I am checking back up on you about your issue. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Josh...
Unfortunately, there was just too much time delay between your responses.
In my original communication, I explained that I had tried holding the 2 buttons at the same time but to no avail. So, your suggestion was frustrating to read.
In the meanwhile, I took my phone back to Verizon and after their efforts, they ordered me a replacement phone.
I will not give any rating for you so as not to affect your standing. I will suggest that Just Answer provide faster, more reliable service and that the "expert" thoroughly read what the customer writes before answering.
I will be asking for a refund.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.
Okay, thank you.