Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I can't seem to pair my iPhone 6 with my Sony xb2 speaker.

Customer Question
I can't seem to...

Technician's Assistant: What computer or device are you having trouble syncing?

Bluetooth pairing between IPhone 6 and Sony xb2

Technician's Assistant: How long have you had your IPHONE 6?

2 years

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Sony product?

Holding phone near Sony speaker

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

Apple iPhone 6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your smartphone? What have you tried so far?

Turned on pairing button on speaker and held iPhone close to speaker

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Smartphones
7/29/2017
Technician: Randy, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Randy
Randy, Customer Service
To pair a Bluetooth to your iPhone 6, open up the Settings app and tap on Bluetooth. Doing this will automatically make your device “discoverable,” meaning that your iPhone 6 can find any Bluetooth accessories that are currently looking for a device to connect to that are in range.Then follows these steps to pair the speaker with your iPhone 6. You have to put the Sony speak into “pairing mode.” This will allow it to connect to your iPhone. Hold the PAIRING button on the speaker until the white flashing light goes rapidly. Then, try to turn off the Bluetooth on your iPhone and turn it back on. Hope you will see Sony XB2 on the list. Then tap the name of the Sony.
If that fails try this next please.
Tap Settings.
Tap General.
Scroll down t.o the bottom of the page and tap Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings.You will get a prompt warning you that this option will delete all network settings and return them to factory default settings. Tap Reset to continue.
Wait while your iPhone resets its network settings.Once the reset process is done, your network settings will return to its factory default settings. Your iPhone will also automatically restart. Then try pairing with the steps again.

did that work for you?