Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

How do I recover deleted photos from my iPhone 7? I looked

Customer Question

How do I recover deleted photos from my iPhone 7? I looked in the recently deleted file as well as looking to see if there was a back up of the device anywhere - no luck with either
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

When you delete something from your phone, only the reference to that file is being deleted and the actual file will be still there for a limited time and could be recovered using third party data recovery applications. These deleted files will be there until they are over written with new ones. It is possible to retrieve deleted files like photos. But that completely depends up on how much you used your phone after you deleted them.

If you have taken photos or videos, downloaded apps etc after you deleted them then the chance of them getting recovered is slim to none. Because they might be over written with new ones.

The more you use the phone, the more it become hard to recover. However, you can attempt to recover them using the following applications

Dr.Fone for iOS from Wondershare --> https://drfone.wondershare.com/iphone-data-recovery.html

or

EaseUs --> https://www.easeus.com/mobile-tool/free-iphone-data-recovery.html

Also, go to www.icloud.com, login to your iCloud Photos, click Photos and see if you can find the photos there.

The application are paid ones, so try the trial versions before buying it. Again, I can't guarantee they can be recovered. If you are unable to recover them, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as this is something I can only give instructions on and the success completely depends up on the factors I mentioned.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead, please let me know and I will try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
None of that worked
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Do you mean they are not finding the deleted pictures ?

When did you delete the photos ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Correct - the applications were not able to find the photos - They were deleted about three months ago
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry, that means they are already over written with new data. Once the data is overwritten, there is no way to get them back. The backup on the iCloud is probably already over written as well. On your iPhone, go to Settings > your account > iCloud > Backup and what is the backup date there ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I dont see the backup option
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Do you see Storage there ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Last iCloud backup was yesterday
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

That means the backup was over written too. I'm really sorry, but they are gone. There is no other way to get them back as the recovery fails. Sorry, I couldn't give you a better answer