Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
51110040

PLEASE help me. Because I reset my Samsung phone, and forgot

Customer Question

Hello and PLEASE help me. Because I reset my Samsung phone, and forgot my original password, I had to create a new password ***** I am unable to continue to set my phone because am getting a message saying I have to wait 24 hours to continue the process. I need to be able to access my phone. Please help me.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Samsung? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: my Samsung phone is a galaxy J3 Edge that's linked to my google account.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I can't install anything because as I stated.....I am in the process of resetting the phone. Because it is linked to my google account I am unable to reset because of this 24 hour period google says I have to wait.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: do you have my google account ***@******.***. Do you need the new password?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Christopher Bessler replied 2 months ago.

Unfortunately there is no way around that 24 hour waiting period. However, we should be able to get you into your Google account using a PC. Are you able to access your Google account? Or have I misunderstood?

Let me know, and I will do everything possible to assist you.