Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I reinstalled a hotmail account and now my not hotmail phone…

Customer Question
I reinstalled a hotmail...

I reinstalled a hotmail account and now my not hotmail phone contacts are gone

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

About 9 months, iPhone 6s Plus

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just happened, tried restarting and also verified all contact settings were on.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Smartphones
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Lost about 400 contacts
3/21/2017
Technician: Kraig, Engineer replied 1 year ago
Kraig
Kraig, Engineer

Hello and good evening.

Having the contact settings on should have imported them. Not sure why that did not happen. Seeing that you just reinstalled Hotmail, it may take a while before the contacts start copying over.

In the event that the delay is longer than you can bear, click here to see step-by-step instructions, with pictures, on how you can copy over your contacts.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.
Please select between 3 and 5 stars and click Submit so that I can be paid for assisting you because payment is not automatically made.
Have a good evening.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The contacts I lost are from my phone. I selected do not delete when I installed hot mail.

Oh my. That is going to be a bit hard to solve.

Let me check some information and get back to you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They just partially showed back up and gone again

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I realize that many people are facing the same issue that you have. In some cases, only some contacts are lost while in others everything is gone. While only some reinstalled Hotmail on the iPhones, others changed their accounts which caused them to experience the problem.

It is not easy to say why your contacts reappeared for a short while and then disappeared again. I have not found any definitive or official reason from Apple and the other iPhone users have not had much success in getting the issue resolved. One major theory is that the iCloud could be causing the problem when the iPhone is trying to sync the contacts (that is if you have them backed up there).

Although this is a long shot, try uninstalling and then reinstalling Hotmail to your iPhone, selecting the "do not delete contacts" option and see what happens. Let me know if the issue still exists after you try that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It did not work

Ok. Restart your phone to see if that helps. I am just troubleshooting to see if we can find something that works.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will do it for the 3rd time
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Same as before but not all