Chris Lindsey
Chris Lindsey, Technician
Experience:  IT Technician at Tech Amelia
78724427

Cannot alphabetize purchased music playlist on iPhone 6.

Customer Question

Cannot alphabetize purchased music playlist on iPhone 6. There is no sort option under Settings / Music / Library. Also, when iPhone is connected to computer & iTunes is open, cannot delete song from playlist via iTunes.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: You'll have to remind me where to look. Sorry.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried at intervals over last couple of months, but just updated ios today and turned both phone and computer off and on.
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Those two will do for now.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Chris Lindsey replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would be more than happy to help you with your question.

The new Apple iOS 10, Apple users are disliking the new update when it comes to the Sort option for the Music App. As Apple will probably be fixing this request, the only two options is to look for is the first as you have already tried under Settings>Music>Library, but the other would be going to the actual Music App, Select Songs, then Sort on the top right.

I am a Apple listener as well, but until the new update(s) these are the only options in iOS 10.

I hope this helps!

If you have any additional questions, please let me know. If you are finished with your question, please rate 4 stars or above and click the Submit button so I will get credit for helping you. You are always welcomed to follow up with me at any time.