Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
51110040

Not my TV...I'm wondering how I go about getting a password

Customer Question

Not my TV...I'm wondering how I go about getting a password ***** my phone. I've had the phone for a year, but just starting to use. I'm told it's 'out of style' and maybe I should have a new one. I'm having a terrible time trying to become comfortable using this d.... thing! First, I need a password! Thanks. Joy ***************** JA: How old is the phone? Customer: About 14 months. JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs? Customer: The tv works just fine as does everything else, but I need a password ***** order to read & hear messages (32 right now) JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up? Customer: I think I'm saying something wrong! I just recently, like 2 weeks ago, started to use my year old phone. I've been told I have to go thru you to get a password. That's all I want...just a password *****: Anything else you want the TV expert to know before I connect you? Customer: No, but I don't need a TV expert....I need a password!

Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Samuel White replied 9 months ago.

I am Samuel and I can help you. Are you looking for a voice mail password. I am sorry for asking but the information I was sent was incomplete.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you! I have just begun using my 'smart' phone (of which I'm not smart enough to use!). I have lots of emails & voice mail I can't expose because they keep asking for my password. I need a password ***** I'm very frustrated as I was told this is a simple procedure. So far it's taken quite a long time. Please help me. Thanks.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm sorry...I think I'll try the operator. I'm on a very tight budget.

Those request for a call are auto sent ...not from me. Ok there are many passwords for each device (email and voicemail passwords are different). There are also many reasons why the device asks for a password. When is it asking for a password? What action are you attempting and what does the screen say?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for the info, but all I want is a password ***** get the voice mails. My 'tutors' say it's no biggie and that I need it in order to
get to my messages. I'm just learning and have a lot of help, BUT, I still need a password.

So I am assuming that when you are calling your voice mail it asks you for your pin? If so what carrier is the service through?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Maybe that's what they're talking about. As I said, I'm new to this stuff and feel kinda stupid. I am with CC. My account # is###-##-####in case you need that. I've been with you for 6 + - years. I've always had the Doro flip phone. (wish I had it back!)

Consumer cellular?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello again: OK: I have an address for the e-mail, same as my PC and laptop, BUT I need a password ***** for the password ***** the operator (or whomever asks for it before I can open it). I am really muddying this problem, aren't I? Seems simple...just one password ***** get my voice mail. Any thoughts?

You are making it a bit harder than it should be but I do not think it is intentional. Most of the time the pin for voice by default is the last 4 of your ssn or last 4 of your phone number.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That's exactly what I've trying to do. On the little flip phone I was using, my password ***** the last 4 of my phone #. THAT'S FINALLY WHAT I'M TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH. I REALLY HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME. Thank you for understanding my problem. Now...the question is: can/will you help me do it? I have to leave my house until about 4:00ish (PST). Would you call me tomorrow? I could never find you again - probably. Thanks for your good help.

Just reply to me when you are ready and I will help once I am free. I will leave this case open.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you. I'll call early tomorrow. Joy Streit
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's now tomorrow and not very early. Let's try again, OK? Joy Streit

I am ready. Did you already try last 4 of phone number or ssn?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the operator said 'wrong number'.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
oops! I did not try my ssn. I'll try right now.

Also did you say this was consumer cellular?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ssn# *****'t work either. I should tell you, I'm really a novice when it comes to this phone. I don't even know how to delete.
I bought "Is This Thing On" to learn, but it's really slow going.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK Sam, I'll call you later in the day. Is early afternoon OK? I have a doc appt but will be home around 1:00ish (PST)

It is ok I teach people phones and computers for a living so I do not mind at all. You are doing just fine. I will be ready.