Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Smartphone Expert.
23511658

I need to reset password to be able to connect my fitbit, It

Customer Question

I need to reset password ***** be able to connect my fitbit
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It is 3 years old and I have the imei # etc, what do you need. I have been working on this for 3 days, they sent me an email but it is in Chinese and does have a number on it, I talked to someone yesterday before I got the email. Sorry very frustrated
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just about everytning. My son was helping but he gave up he has done many fitbits in the past but it is dealing with my password
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 6 months ago.

Hello. my name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

Firstly, the email you received in Chinese would have been one that wasn't really from Fitbit. Scammers have been doing that to try to get login info.

What happens if you go to the following site and try to log in?

https://www.fitbit.com/login?redirect=http://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/Unsolicited-Password-Reset-Emails/td-p/1596129

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I NEED to reset my Apple App password ***** Order to load my fitbit, I have not got to the fitbit point yet

What do you mean by your "Apple App password"?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No No No I have already spent 2 $5.00 and then instead of being transferred to the gentlemen's supervisor, I got am automatized message on State Farm Insurance. Please let me know you are legit and How to get legit help with this

I am Legit.... but you are really confusing me.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When I try to login to my Apple phone and asked for a password ***** I cannot remember apparently because I'm not getting through

If you don't remember the password ***** accessing your iPhone, the only way around that is to erase it. I can give you those instructions if you want.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have been at this for 3 days. Today when I called 1800(###) ###-#### and have gotten the run around today two individuals asked me for $5.00 and when I gave to them they go to transfer me and I get garbage, press for All state insurance. Very frustrated how do I just start with new password
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Without paying more money

OK. Well, I don't know about those things. But I am the real thing. I will tell you how to erase the phone which will remove the password.

1. Connect your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
  2. While your device is connected, force restart it:
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
  3. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Restore.

iTunes will download software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
  4. Wait for the process to finish. Then you can set up and use your device.

No more money. Just a 5 star rating please, so I will receive credit for my time.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Will just erase everything on my iPhone

Yes. That's the only way to get around the password.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay Ian out

Please remember to click on the 5 star rating and submit. Thank you.

Do you know how to do the rating? I am an independent consultant. That is the only way I am compensated for the time I spent helping you