John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+Yrs in the computer/electronics service industry
60674955

I had to replace my credit card on file with my account on

Customer Question

I had to replace my credit card on file with my account on file and when I try to update info it says that my Apple ID has been disabled. can you please help me correct this
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: iPhone 5 appriox. 1 year old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: a couple of weeks and I tried to go to myn profile and put new card info and it doesn't work. I cannot update anything or even get free appos
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you
Category: Smartphones
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I could not install the app you sent me because when it goes to GET it says YOUR APPLE ID IS DISABLED. I think this is something with iTunes and I need to give my new bank card info
Expert:  John T. F. replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information. Please give me a minute to read over your submission...

Depending on why the Apple ID was originally disabled, you may be able to re-activate and update your CC info as follows:

Sign into: https://appleid.apple.com/

Once logged in, toward the bottom of the screen you will see a section labeled "Payment & Shipping"

Click "Edit Payment Information..." and update your card details as needed.

While signed in make sure all other information presented is correct and current, as well - especially trusted phone numbers and any email addresses on file.

Once that is done, you may need to sign outback in and back in on any devices using this Apple ID for the Stores.