Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

I have been using MyKeePass on an Iphone6 (password

Customer Question
*****), and it has shared...
I have been using MyKeePass on an Iphone6 (password *****), and it has shared the database file with my PC's via Dropbox. My new iPhone 7 was restored from the iPhone 6 backup on iTunes, but the MyKeePass app does not appear on the new phone.
So I installed MiniKeePass as that looks like it may work like the previous app, but I don't see a way to link this app with my KeePass database file in Dropbox. Any ideas? Thanks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Smartphones
11/25/2016
Technician: Richard, Smartphone Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Smartphone Specialist

Hi there and welcome

If I check they appear to be two different apps

http://appcrawlr.com/ios/mykeepass

And

https://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/minikeepass-secure-password/id451661808?mt=8

As you had Mykeepass before, download it again via my link and tell me if that works for you please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

When I click on the link to download MyKeePass it goes to iTunes website which only offers to download iTunes.

When I run iTunes on my computer and try to search for MyKeePass it shows no results.

When I search for MyKeePass on iPhone apps, it only shows other versions, like miniKeepass.

ok strange as it goes straight to the download link for me

Do you have iTunes installed on your computer? If not first installed it from www.itunes.com

Then use this link

http://tinyurl.com/zf5xc3z

Let me know please how you go

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I already have iTunes on my computer.
Your link takes me to MiniKeePass.
>As you had Mykeepass before, download it again via my link and tell me if that works for you please
I don't have a link for Mykeepass.

ok, though this is the link

https://itunes.apple.com/app/minikeepass-secure-password/id451661808?mt=8

The one I have been giving. What do you see when you click it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's the link to MiniKeePass

yes, the first link I gave you was for mykeepass

http://appcrawlr.com/ios/mykeepass

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We're going in circles. That links shows Mykeepass which links to iTunes, which does not give a clue as to how to find this app. So I search on my iPhone in the app store, but it does not show Mykeepass.
I'm done with this.
Richard, Smartphone Specialist