Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
51110040

Had Problem with old phone. got a replacement. when tried to

Customer Question

Had Problem with old phone. got a replacement. when tried to recover everything from the cloud had issue with account. lost some pictures and all of text messages and pictures sent by text. is there a way of getting those back
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Samuel White replied 8 months ago.

Hello I am Samuel and I will try and help.

What was the issue when you tried to use the cloud back up please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My account was under my name but the birthdate, password, and security questions had all been changed. I couldn't get in to account. I called and got a tech to help get everything changed to me. recovered a lot back then realized I had lost all text messages and photos on text. thought maybe cloud did not back up text and had a person tell me there's would. decided to see if I could recover any of text and photos on text

I think by default the the cloud does contacts and the other options like pictures and texts you have to select in order for it to back them up. When you go to the cloud now are the pictures and text option set to sync? There is a way at times to go into the archives of your cloud account on a PC and recover lost pictures etc... but it is not a simple task and there are no guarantee that is will recover them. Do you still have the old phone?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no old phone was sent back for warrenty

Ok no problem. Which cloud service did you use? What is the actual name of the cloud service?