Randy
Randy, Customer Service
Experience:  Expert in service and repair of all Smartphones.
62741268

MY I PHONE IS LOCKED. I CANNOT TURN IT OFF. IT IS ON LINE

Customer Question

MY I PHONE IS LOCKED . I CANNOT TURN IT OFF. IT IS ON LINE AND BATTERY IS 100%- IT SEEMS TO BE AN WIRELESS LOOP WHAT CAN I DO?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: ITS AN APPLE ABOUT 2 YEARS OLD. I WAS DOWN LOADING A SPRRINT UP GRADE
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 48 HRS. SHOWS A LOCK ON TOP AND DOES REPSPOND TO ANY OF MY TAPS
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I DON'T THINK SO
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Randy replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Randy. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Randy replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry this happened. This could be a glitch in the software and the iPhone needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot > Hold the home button and the power button down for about 60 seconds or until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release both buttons. If it does not power on release the buttons after 60 seconds and then hold the power/sleep button only for 60 seconds then try holding both buttons again. Repeat the process a few times and then if it does not power on you will need to use your computer to restore the iPhone. Please follow these steps,

• Connect the USB cable to the iPad, but leave the other end of the cable disconnected from your computer's USB port.
  • press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time.
  • When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
  • While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the USB cable to the computer. The device should turn on.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.
  • When this screen appears you can release the Home button:
  • Then use iTunes to restore the iPhone.
Expert:  Randy replied 10 months ago.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance,

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top then click submit.

Thank you!

Expert:  Randy replied 10 months ago.

did that work for you?