Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
51110040

I got the "support.apple.com/iphone/restore message and

Customer Question

I got the "support.apple.com/iphone/restore message and holding down the wake/sleep & home buttons and then connecting it to my computer did not help.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: so it said to contact apple support I have an iPhone6
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it worked fine today. I had it on my couch while I was doing something else and when I picked it up to set an alarm, it had a black screen and when I plugged it in to charge it, I got the message. I went on line and followed the steps, i.e., "hold Sleep/Wake & Home buttons until logo appears". that got me no where, so I plugged it into my MacPro per instructions on line and did not get the "update" message. I think it put off updating it too long and now it's mad at me
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no. I think you know everything. it came on very suddenly
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  BigDish101 replied 9 months ago.

Have you tried restoring it in DFU mode?

How To Put An iPhone In DFU Mode

1. Plug your iPhone into your computer and open iTunes. It doesn’t matter if your iPhone is on or off.
  2. Press and hold the Sleep / Wake Button and Home Button together for 8 seconds.
  3. After 8 seconds, release the Sleep / Wake Button but continue to hold the Home Button until iTunes says “iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.”
  4. Let go of the Home Button. Your iPhone’s display will be completely black if you’ve successfully entered DFU mode. If it’s not, try again from the beginning.
  5. Restore your iPhone using iTunes.