Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

Unable to hear clearly and loud enough on my IPhone 5S,

Customer Question
Unable to hear clearly and...
Unable to hear clearly and loud enough on my IPhone 5S
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: IPone 5S 2.5 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just started this morning
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Its not downloading photos to my apple computer anymore it no asks for me to put my pass code in but that don't work . started after upgrading to software 10
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Smartphones
10/29/2016
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 1 year ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

I am Samuel and I can help you.

Have you downloaded any new apps lately other then the update to ios 10?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

Please try this:

1. Just press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for at least 20 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. You can let go of both buttons after the Apple logo appears.
  2. Your phone will go through the usual process of starting up.
  3. You'll be back in your home screen.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where are the sleep and wake buttons on my phone

it is the power button.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No thank You

I am sorry no thank you to what?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not want to switch to a live call when i can' t hear properly on my phone

Oh I see what you were saying. Those requests are not generated by me the are automatic. If as an expert I need you to reach out to me via a different platform I will personally let you know. Were you successful with my previous instructions?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Iknow where the home button is not sure where the Sleep and wake buttons are located

It is the single small rectangular button found typically on the top of the phone to the right hand side.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I pressed them at the same time

Did you do it for 20 seconds per the instruction? This will help reset any rogue apps the may be causing the problem.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I waited for the apple then let go

Ok fantastic did that help with the in call volume?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i won't know until I get my first call

You could make a call of course. If you want to wait that is no problem also!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My phone is locked with a pass code now and won't download my photo's to mac

You are locked out as if you don't know or remember the password? Also how did you back up before via usb cable and itunes or with icloud

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I Know my pass code but it don't unlock the photos. I back up my IPhone photo's on my mac
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Phone is a little louder only not like before

do you connect via usb to your mac? Also are you getting a message or error when trying to send photos now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I connect using a USB cord in the mac
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The message says IPhone is locked with a pass code, I enter the pass code and it does unlock the photo's. This started after i installed 10 on my phone.

Does it say your photos are locked?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Photo's in the camera roll on IPhone cannot be viewed or imported because the IPhone is locked with a passcode. This is what it says.

Bear with me I am researching the issue.

Go to the General settings and tap "Passcode Lock"
and make sure "Simple Passcode" is off. If it is, try turning it back on & changing your Passcode to something that you will remember, and then turn it off again. Something may be hanging.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I turned it off and on tried it both ways nothing is working

Please help me to understand. Is this the message you get: "Photos in the Camera Roll of "(your) iPhone" cannot be imported because the device is locked with a passcode. You must unlock the device to import them."

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I use the password ***** it does not unlock I change the password ***** it still does not unlock

Is the message that I sent you b chance the message that you got?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I unlock the pass code and it does not work

Yes I do understand that. Thank you for the information. I am trying to find out if the error message:

"Photos in the Camera Roll of "(your) iPhone" cannot be imported because the device is locked with a passcode. You must unlock the device to import them."

is the error message you are getting?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this is the error message
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that IS THE ERROR MESSAGE.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I hit the caps lock by mistake sorry

Lol no problem!

ou can not cancel or ignore any messages which pop up when you first plug in your iPhone and ask "Trust this computer?". The correct reply is "Yes", not "Cancel".

If you cancelled it you can force the issue by having iTunes open when you next plug in your iPhone. Tell the iPhone that it can trust the your computer. Your photos can download into iPhoto again.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I always answer trust my computer.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it started after I installed the new IPhone software
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I positive I didn't hit don't allow but maybe I hit it by mistake?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Samuel thanks for trying to help me however, we didn't accomplish anything.

I was looking for additional information. The only other information I received is to do a full reset which I was trying to avoid. I am sorry I could not be of more help to you.

Do you feel I provided poor service?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think you tried very hard to help me and i tried most of your suggestions before on my own. The one you told about pressing both buttons simultaneously was the one I thought may work, Im thinking now about taking it back to the Apple Store
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks for trying

You are very welcome better luck at the Apple Store!

Kindly rate my service at the top of your question page to let them know I am striving for great service.
Otherwise please reply back if you need further assistance. Thank you, Samuel

Is there any other help you need? If not please rate so I can close this request! Thanks so much!

Samuel White
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert