Richard, Smartphone Specialist
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

Does anyone know of an app that stores other apps inside it

Customer Question

Does anyone know of an app that stores other apps inside it to preserve phone memory? Something like hermit but a lot better and easy to understands? Thank you.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Hi there Amanda and welcome

No, there is no such app that exists, the reason is if the app is on your phone then it uses the memory, not matter how it is displayed or stored.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
But hermit kinda does that..I was looking for sonehing similar and could more easily work with..I could never get customer service to help me from that app or I would have kept it
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

No, what it does is uses the website versions of apps, eg: Facebook, so you do not have the facebook app installed it just redirects you to the website, so for Twitter ect and services that have a website it directs you there, which is something you can do yourself.

But it does not do anything with the actual apps, actually it can stop the install of them, as, no matter what you do, once an app is installed it needs that space on your phone, else it could not exist on it.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm a little confused..does hermit direct you to websites and u don't really need to install the Facebook, etc app because u have hermit to direct u to the webpage instead so u can uninstall the app if you want(does this cause less space to be taken up on your phone or it doesn't matter it will always take up the space if uninstalled an app ie.facebook? So ur saying it won't matter,,then what's the use of hermit then? )also, are there any better ones thats like hermit but with a more beautiful interface? I cannot get the icons right on hermit
Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

Correct, and it wraps them so you do not see it so clear.

An uninstalled app stops taken space once it is uninstalled.

There is no real use of Hermit, if you want to use apps, and if you want to use websites, then your best just to open the browser and go there, it is a much better experience.

The service Hermit provided is not really popular or used as it is actually not really useful and you save more space not having it installed and going direct to the website. but it is the best one that does this

Expert:  Richard replied 9 months ago.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you