Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

I have continually gotten the message "The device is

Customer Question
scheduled to turn on Sep...
I have continually gotten the message "The device is scheduled to turn on Sep 15, 2016 at 1:42 a. If you choose Full Power Off your alarm will be disabled while the device is off"? So, at 1:42 a.m. every morning the last few days it does go off! How do I get rid of this for good?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: How do I find that out?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: for the last 5 days. Tried to find the icon in applications to delete it and nothing there!
JA: Anything else you want the smartphone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well, I'd like to be able to tell the expert what model, etc. What do I go into to get that info?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Smartphones
9/14/2016
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 1 year ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

I am Samuel and I can help you! If at any point you would prefer me to call you directly I can. Other wise I am glad to try and help via chat!

Do you know what device you have?

Here is how to find your model!

1. Click the Menu button and select System Settings.
  2. Scroll down through the list toward the bottom.
  3. Tap About Phone.
  4. Locate your model name and number in the list.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just that it is a older Blackberry. Cannot find System Settings? I do not usually use this phone.

Ok that helps a bit. Is it a touch screen model?

I am trying to find your model as we speak. Thank you

1. From the home screen, select Options. (Note: Options may be located in the Settings folder.)
  2. Click Options > Device > About Device Versions, or click Options > About.
  3. The Model Number is ***** the first line. The OS Version is the first set of numbers on the third line.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is a Blackberry 9930. The third line says 7.1 Bundle 1737 (v7.1.0.580

Here is the solution: Go to Options-->Auto On/Off then change the settings.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did that and put a checkmark in Enabled!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now what?

It was already disabled?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I guess so because I had to put a checkmark in Enabled, then saved. So should I now uncheck it?

Leave it as it is until I advised you please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay. Waiting!

Thank you please give me a little time here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will do. Am getting all my paperwork ready to tackle so will be waiting!

This is the answer I just get directly from my Black Berry support team:

Step 1

Press the BlackBerry logo key to display the full list of icons.

Step 2

Tap or click the trackball on "Options."

Step 3

Choose "Auto On/Off." On BlackBerries running BBOS version 6.0, open "Device" then select "Auto On/Off."

Step 4

Set the "Weekday:" and "Weekend:" fields to "Disabled."

Step 5

Press the BlackBerry logo button and select "Save."

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did that. Still have the same icon telling me the same problem when we started all this! So, I get a refund?

I don't charge you nor handle refunds. I get answers. If you would like me to continue to troubleshoot I would be happy to.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but what do I do now? to resolve this?

I won't have that until I find out what to do next. Please bear with me.

Is the battery accessible? If so can you pull it out and wait 10 seconds. Replace it and start the device.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay. Am doing that right now! Am turning it on.

Great!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing has changed and certainly don't want to be awakened at 1:40 a.m. again! I guess I will do what Hillary Clinton did and smash it! Ha, ha!

That is very funny! LOL

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Since we've spent an hour on this to no resolution I think I will end this chat!! I guess I will have to go to Blackberry directly!

The answer is from Blackberry support directly. However it is a good decision. Thank you!

Vinod Menon, Customer Service