Josh, Technician
Experience:  Smartphone support
50836188

My iphone got a virus from visiting a bad porn site with a

Customer Question

my iphone got a virus from visiting a bad porn site with a pop-up ad. A warning came up immediately advising me t call Apple tech support for assistance in removing the virus. Unfortunately, I did no not write down the number. Currently, my Safari program is disabled -- the only thing that comes up is a blank white screen. Please help!
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

Hi Steve,

It is good that you didn't call that number because it was a scam. You do not have an actual virus -- The popup was designed to look like a virus so that you called their number and they would scam you for money.

Go into Settings then Safari then Clear History and Website Data then Clear History and Data.

Restart your iPhone and everything should be back to normal.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.