Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

I am using an IOS. when i delete a text, it shows me the

Customer Question
hi JA: Hello. How can we...
hi
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: i am using an IOS . when i delete a text, it shows me the time stamp of last message received. is there a way when i delete a message, it shows the timestamp of previous message?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: iphone 6
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: noting much,
JA: The smartphone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: did u get my Question Pearl? thanks for your help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Smartphones
8/15/2016
Technician: Samuel White, Tech Expert replied 1 year ago
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert

Hi I am a cell phone expert. I see you are looking try and delete messages on your iphone, is that correct?

Or is there something more specific you wanted help with?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Lets say i have a friend Joe. He sends me a Text yday at 7 PM EST. and also sends me a text today at 8AM EST.
Step 1: I delete his todays text of 8AM - i still see the time stamp of his text as 8AM. i want to see the old time stamp of 7
PM EST
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i see you have already charged my credit card for $5+$31. i read your fine print that u charge after giving the solution . is that not true?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Samuel are you there.?

I am looking in to this for you now. I am a contracted expert I do not handle the billing at all honestly. I help out and if you think I am kind and solved or sincerely ***** ***** solve your problem you rate me positive and I receive a small compensation. Bear with me while I see if your request it possible!! Thank you

I am still here and I think I have your answer

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sure, all I need to see is , when I delete a text , can I set the timestamp of the non deleted text to be shown in my message inbox against the contacts name. Current behavior of IOS is it displays the last received message timestamp , even if it's deleted .

You are probably not going to love it but since one of the recent updates it keeps the last timestamp and in new ios it also leaves the message at the top of the list. As I see the only way to change that is to delete the whole thread which in most cases is not what you want to do.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
do i get my money back as you cant crack this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you there?

Honestly there is nothing to crack it is how your phone is set up. I believe they have a way of refunding money but that goes through the company I am paid from them for me time trying to help you. I hope I did to some extent... sorry the answer was what it was. If you feel I trying please rate me based on my help with you. If you want me to look more I can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pl tell me how can j get a refuns
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay. in that case, i will request a refund.
Samuel White
Samuel White
Samuel White, Tech Expert