Rusty
Rusty, Technician
Experience:  Specialize in Android and iPhones. How may I help you?
63817454

Try again! I have a Nokia N10 mobile. I've just recharged it

Customer Question

Try again! I have a Nokia N10 mobile. I've just recharged it but iit will only turn on when the recharge jack is plugged in. I get a white screen with a jigsaw motif in the top left hand corner and near it is a red cube. I can't make calls with it.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: It isn't about my TV - never has been. It's my MOBILE PHONE that needs fixing! MOBILE PHONE MOBILE PHONE MOBILE PHONE MOBILE PHONE
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: turned it on, turned it off, removed the jack, re-connected the jack, swore at the little beastie, spoken nicely to it. Prayed to St Clare of Assisi - patron saint of phones - honestly, look it up, burped it, changed its nappy, turned it back on and off.
JA: The smartphone expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope thank you
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Since it works on the charger, that is telling me that you need a battery replacement. Sometimes this can be caused by the phone's software. Let's first try to factory reset your phone. This will delete apps and contacts, so be sure to back up your stuff first. If you are signed into Gmail on your phone, it will back up a lot of your data, such as your contacts, and will be restored after the reset.

Menu > Settings > Phone > Phone Management > Factory Settings > Restore.

Give it a shot, and see if there is any improvement. If not, let's do a hard reset:

Press the volume down button, the camera key and the menu key together. While holding these keys down, press on the power button to power up the phone and keep holding until your phone vibrates.

That will reset your phone. If that still doesn't do the trick, the battery will need to be replaced. If you have had the phone for less than a year, take it to your cellular store and have it exchanged for a new one. There is no reason that it should be dead this soon, there is a problem. If you've had it longer than a year, you can order a replacement battery through them. If you need help replacing the battery, please let me know.

When we are finished, please don't forget to rate my service with you today with 3-5 stars. Rating

does not close the question, and you can communicate with me at no extra charge.