Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

My iPhone 4 says no service. I previously had the same sim

Customer Question
in my iPhone 6. However...
My iPhone 4 says no service. I previously had the same sim in my iPhone 6. However i have broke it and am forced to go back to my iPhone 4 until my update is here. I cleaned the sim and reset the phones settings but nothing has fixed can you help me please
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Smartphones
7/19/2016
Technician: Randy, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Randy
Randy, Customer Service

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Unfortunately the iPhone 6 sim card is not compatible with the iPhone 4, the iPhone 4 and 4s use the bigger micro-SIM chip which will not work with the newer phones that use the smaller nano-SIM chips. But your carrier can help you swap out that micro-SIM chip for the smaller nano-SIM, most cellular providers will get that to you for free.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's an iPhone 5 sorry
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No I'm wrong it's a 6. The one that's not working is a 5c
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry about that mix up

okay, no problem, they are both the nano sim so it should work.

Are both iPhones from the same cellular provider?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they are both T-Mobile phones

okay, did you reset network settings> Please follow these steps>

Step 1:
Tap Settings.

Step 2:
Tap General.

Step 3:
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap Reset.

Step 4:
Tap Reset Network Settings.

Step 5:
You will get a prompt warning you that this option will delete all network settings and return them to factory default settings. Tap Reset to continue.

Step 6:
Wait while your iPhone resets its network settings.

Once the reset process is done, your network settings will return to its factory default settings. Your iPhone will also automatically restart. Then check.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I'm going to do that now

sounds good, let me know how it goes please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried it a couple of times. Unfortunately it's not working :(

okay, did you Insert the SIM card into the SIM card tray with the Tmobile logo and SIM card number on top (gold contacts facing down).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I get the notification when I insert or remove it. I did that to make sure it was being read.

okay, unfortunately this sounds like the sim card has failed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The sim works in other iPhones perfectly fine it's only this one I'm having trouble with

Okay, that is strange. A factory reset is the only other option to try.

Please follow these steps,

• Connect the USB cable to the iPhone, but leave the other end of the cable disconnected from your computer's USB port.
  • press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time.
  • When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
  • While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the USB cable to the computer. The device should turn on.
  • Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen.
  • When this screen appears you can release the Home button:
  • Then use iTunes to restore the iPhone, choose update and restore.

Did that work for you?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm gonna try that, I'll let u know as soon as it's one...thank u and sorry for the delay in responding.....

sounds good, let me know if you need anything.

Randy
Randy
Randy, Customer Service