Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

When I first set up my calendar on my desktop PC, my iphone

Customer Question
synced with it perfectly. THEN...
When I first set up my calendar on my desktop PC, my iphone synced with it perfectly. THEN I changed providers. When I did that, EVERYTHING disappeared. I've tried to get it to resynch with my iphone, but it won't even allow me to add the new provider (comcast) to the list.
My ipad is working fine, but if you can help me with the calendar, I would really appreciate it.
Judie Weisman
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/30/2016
Technician: Rusty, Technician replied 1 year ago
Rusty
Rusty, Technician

Hello, my name is Rusty. Which calendar are you trying to sync?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Google calendar

That's a snap. Go to the App Store, and download the Gmail app. Login to Gmail, and your calendar will automatically sync. That's the cool thing about Gmail, this works on every type of smart phone. Give it a little while to sync, it will also transfer all of your contacts. It will sync fastest if the screen is not on, and it is plugged into the power charger.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I already have the gmail app downloaded on my iphone. Do I need to download it on my PC as well?

No, your PC is separate. How long has it been since you first logged into the app?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's been quite awhile since i changed over to Comcast. That's when everything disappeared because the calendar was originally set up on sbcglobal.net

Hmm, another issue between Google and Apple, figures... Which iOS version are you running? Are you able to check your mail with the Gmail app?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No my gmail on my iPhone is a different email address than on my iPhone, but I can access my emails through Comcast.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I even tried to see if it would let me reinstall Ito. Sbcglobal.net because that address, while not being used, is still active.

Ok, that is probably the problem. You'll need to sign into the account where your calendar is on your PC. Example: I have my personal email that I access on my PC. It has my calendar, my contacts, etc... I log into the exact same Gmail account on my phone, and it syncs all of my information.

Log in using the same email and password ***** you do on your PC, on your iPhone. It should end in @gmail.com.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But the sbcglobal won't show up on the list. I do log in using the same snail, but ending in gmail.com on my iPhone but it doesn't make any difference.

Wait a sec, when you had Sbcglobal as your provider, was your email @sbcglobal.com? But you're using Google Calendar, right?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sbcglobal.net
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've been using the Google calendar. I downloaded it years ago.

Ok, then my answer stands. You need to forget you ever had a sbcglobal.net account, and log into your Gmail account on the Gmail app. Your Sbcglobal.net account was linked to Gmail. That is the part that is confusing you, you're not going to get a sync from sbcglobal, you will get it from Gmail as soon as you log into the same Gmail account that has your calendar.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am talking to you right now on my gmail account on my phone that has my calendar. It still won't sync hand hasn't for almost a year. The calendar on my pcl's is totally blank.

Are you absolutely certain that both your PC and your phone are logged into the exact same Gmail account?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I have to log in my pc to the gmail acct every time i want to look at the calendar on the PC?

If you want to view your Google Calendar, then yes, you need to be logged in on your PC. That's how Google works. You can log into your account from ANY mobile device or PC around the world and access your information. Think of it like your personal key to your information. Your Gmail username and password ***** that key. You need to log in to see your information. Google is VERY useful, and preferred by experts.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just tried to log into my PC with the gmail account, but it won't accept it because that email address is already in use on my iPhone and iPad.

I have my iPad, phone, laptop and desktop PC all connected. Are you sure you didn't try to sign up? You need to sign IN. You can connect all of them at the same time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can't talk anymore right now. Have an appointment. Sorry.

I'll leave the question open.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks.

You are very welcome. When you go to Gmail.com on your computer, be sure to log in, not try to sign up a different account. That is why you are getting the "Already in use" message. You can sign into a bunch of different devices at the same time.

Be sure to rate my service when you can. It doesn't close the question, and my livelihood depends on it.

Rusty
Rusty
Rusty, Technician