Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

I downloade updates and when I tried to activate these

Customer Question
updates my iPhone 5c will...
I downloade updates and when I tried to activate these updates my iPhone 5c will not allow my id and password ***** I just used Sunday on this device. I've retried several times
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Smartphones
3/24/2016
Technician: Ashik, Smartphone Tech replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Smartphone Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You must use the Apple ID and password ***** you used to enable iCloud on your iPhone before. Different or new Apple ID other than what you used on it will not work.

Apple ID/iCloud ID would be your email address you registered with your device.

If you don't remember the password, then you have to reset the password. You can reset it from here (go to this website from your computer) -->https://iforgot.apple.com/

Go to the above website. Use the "Get an Email" method to reset the Apple ID. Apple will send the reset instructions to the recovery email you setup with your Apple ID. It would be your email registered with Apple, like Gmail, Yahoo etc. Open your email and you will see the email from Apple. Open it and follow the instructions to reset the password.

If that didn't work, then go to this site again --> https://iforgot.apple.com/

This time use the "Answer Security Questions" and answer the security questions there to reset your password. Then use your ID and new password ***** activate your device.

If you don't remember your Apple ID, then you can reset it from

here --> https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=appleid

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you

Hi there, It's me Ashik again. How is it going ? Were you able to reset the password ?

Ashik, Smartphone Tech