Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

My brother passed away and I inherited s Cricket Samsung S4…

Customer Question
My brother passed away and...
My brother passed away and I inherited his Cricket Samsung S4 he lived in AZ and I live in Florida. You were kind enough to give me an unlock code so that I could switch the phone to ATT. My wife is a FedEX pilot so we get a large discount. The phone works great except it will not allow me to set up a personal hotspot. ATT says that you may be able to help me can you send me a code or some software?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Smartphones
3/6/2016
Technician: ElectronicsPete, Engineer replied 2 years ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer

Hi Gary,

Once the phone has been unlocked, you should be able to use it as if it were a non-Cricket phone.

To set up a Hotspot:

1. Tap the Menu key and then tap Settings.
  2. Tap Connections then tap More networks.
  3. Tap Tethering & portable hotspot.
  4. Tap Portable WiFi hotspots to turn on.
  5. Tap Ok on the data/battery consumption reminder.

Let me know what stage of the setup you are having difficulty with.

Pete.

You are wrong already tried that. It is a software issue embedded in the Cricket software the phone is on the ATT network!!! So the embedded software will not allow the personal hotspot on the ATT network. I went to Cricket for an answer and somehow ended up on your website. Please refund the money I have already disputed with PayPal. I am a retired BSME. Your answer is available on Youtube for free the instructions above do not work. ATT who owns Cricket said that Cricket could send a solution. Again I refuse to pay.

Ok in that case you will need to contact Cricket directly.

All the best,

Pete.