Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

I purchased a new iphone 6 plus case yesterday from the

Customer Question
apple rep He...
i purchased a new iphone 6 plus case yesterday from the apple rep He must have pressed mute or no volume, when he changed the old case to the new one. The phone is in the house. The house has been torn up by four people. I know the phone is in the house, since we located it using find my iphone. HOw do i find the iphone??
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Smartphones
3/5/2016
Technician: Ashik, Smartphone Tech replied 1 year ago
Ashik, Smartphone Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Did you 'Play sound' from iCloud ? It will work even if the volume is low or muted

There are two ways to find the iPhone if it is in your house. First is, go to www.icloud.com

Login to the iCloud account. Click Find iPhone. Select your iPhone under Devices. Now click on Play Sound button. This will play a continuous sound on your iPhone regardless of volume level or muted.

Another suggestion is, wait until it's dark. Then turn off all lights and make sure no ambient light enter to the house. Now play sound from iCloud or ring the phone. This will light up the screen and you may be to locate it just from the brightness of the phone.

There are no other way to find the exact location of the phone other than using Find iPhone. The iPhone will keeping ringing until you turn it off manually when you play sound from iCloud. Doesn't it ring ? Hopefully you will be able to find it.

Please understand I can only give suggestions in this case. If you are not satisfied with my suggestions, please don't rate me bad or poor. Rating me bad will only affect my job in here and will not cancel this question. If you need any help, please ask and I will continue to help you until you are satisfied.

Let me know if you find it.

Hi there, Just checking. Were you able to find the iPhone using iCloud Play Sound ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i was charged 5 dollars for a phone call and never received it!

I'm sorry. A phone call wouldn't help in this case as this is not a issue that can be resolved on phone. You didn't get charged for the phone call. The $5 was only a safety deposit. It is fully refundable.

Did you try my suggestions ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my credit card was charged 5 dollars from your service if it is fully refundable please do so as agreed ! I will not be spending any more of my time on this issue except with my credit card company tomorrow, 3-7-2016 at 8am,

I will request JustAnswer to refund your account. It may take a day or 2 to process the refund

Best Regards,

Ashik, Smartphone Tech