Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have misplaced my iPhone 6. Can you locate it? My plan is…

Customer Question
I have misplaced my iPhone...
I have misplaced my iPhone 6. Can you locate it for me? My plan is through Consumer Cellular and all they could tell me is that it hadn't been used. They stopped service to the phone. Thank you!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Smartphones
3/4/2016
Technician: BigDish101,
 replied 2 years ago
BigDish101

Well stopping the service to the phone is going to prevent it from being found.

The usual way to find it is by going to https://www.icloud.com/#find and as long as the phone has service and you had enabled FindMyiPhone on your iPhone it will find it.

Your provider can't track a phone without a warrant so having put your own location software like FindMyIphone on your phone would be your only option.

I'm sorry I don't have better news.

More info about Find-My-iPhone: http://www.apple.com/icloud/find-my-iphone.html