Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

A message keeps coming up storage is full. I deleted quite a…

Customer Question
A message keeps coming up...
A message keeps coming up storage is full. I deleted quite a few apps using a lot of the bytes. Now it said I had quite a few bytes available. Then out of nowhere it changed back to 0 bytes available. Also been having a problem with opening an app like Facebook and it suddenly closes. Will do this several times and then maybe open. Then while I am in app it can all of a sudden just close by itself. Perplexed what to do?!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Smartphones
2/28/2016
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It's possible that, once you freed up the space, it filled up again with cached this-and-that... e.g. a backlog of text messages (if you receive a lot of them) or other similar received data.

But what with other apps closing spontaneously, I would say that either

A. your software is corrupted... memory management not working right, or other things, or else

B. your phone may have been taken over, or hacked.

If it were an Android phone, I would suggest that you back up all data from it, then do a factory reset. As it is an iPhone, I need to ask first: what version of iPhone is it, how old is it, and has the iOS version on it been updated lately?

It may either be getting old - in hardware, or in software if the iOS has not been updated - or else other things may be wrong. Let me know, and I will advise you further.

I want to continue chatting but it's wanting more money. Russel said no charge to keep chatting. What is going on.
You are saying this or that might be wrong but not telling me what to do about it. Could you help me with that? Thank you!

I have no power over charges, amounts, etc.

You should address your inquiry or complaint about wanting more money, to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, through

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

As it is an iPhone, I need to ask first: what version of iPhone is it, how old is it, and has the iOS version on it been updated lately?

It is a iPhone 5, about a year old and yes updated.

That's god news. iPhone 5 may not be too old either.

Is it over 1 year, or less than 1 year, from purchase date? this is an important point.

What exact version of iOS is on it?

Under a year old

Excellent news.

I would advise you to find the record of your purchase of the iPhone.

(E.g. sales slip, or credit card records.)

Take it to an Apple Store (or ask me where to take it or send it, and mention your local zip code, please) and (whether it is corrupted iOS software on it, or defective hardware which could be) require warranty servicing on it.

(After copying off all data of your own of course.)

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.