Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I cannot email my photos with the iphone, nothing happens,

Customer Question
Hi - i cannot...

Hi - i cannot email my photos with the iphone, nothing happens

Technician's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Smartphone Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

When i select a picture, a choose option to email to my own gmail account; it asks for the size of the pic, then enter my email, send - then nothing; no error messages, no confirmations

Technician's Assistant: Is there anything else the Smartphone Technician should be aware of?

Only that i cannot email photos

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Smartphones
2/16/2016
Technician: Viet-Smartphone Tech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Viet-Smartphone Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Was email photos working fine previously on your iPhone? Or is this the first time you are trying to email photos?

Do you use the app icon name called Mail for email?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Is Safari / Internet currently working fine on the iPhone? Make sure Internet works on on the iPhone first. Please try the following:

Solution #1:

- On the iPhone, press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit, then check.

- If needed, go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset network settings, and confirm reset, then wait a bit until it has restarted, then check.

Solution #2:

- Open App Store, then there, type / search for inbox by gmail then get / install the Inbox by Gmail app

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/inbox-by-gmail-new-email-app/id905060486?mt=8

, then open the Inbox app, and sign in your gmail email address

, then in the Inbox app, you can compose a message, then tap on the paperclip icon to attach photos.

Full details:

https://support.google.com/inbox/answer/6080149?hl=en

Please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.

I resolved it myself the same day. It made no whoosh noise or gave me any confirmation; but an hour later they appeared in my gmail box.

I'm sorry. I did not know that you've resolved it yourself yesterday as I provided you some possible, faster solutions right away after you submitted the issue, but I'm glad you got it working now. Though it should not take that long for email / photo to receive. If you'd like to, can you try my suggestion to use the app Inbox by Gmail to see if it sends photos faster for you? Do you need anything else for now? Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.