Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have iOS 9.2.1 to download. It require wi-if which I have…

Customer Question
I have iOS 9.2.1 to...
I have iOS 9.2.1 to download. It require wi-if which I have but I never connected the phone to wi-fi so how do I by pass this problem
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Smartphones
2/15/2016
Technician: Richard, Smartphone Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Smartphone Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Unfortunately you cannot sorry, it has to use Wifi for this setup process.

But you may have it but not be aware as nearly all provides give a wifi router to you.

May I ask please what is the make and model of your wifi router?

Linksys

ok, this will have wireless on it.

Click on this link please

http://192.168.1.1

If you see a signin screen, leave the username blank and the password ***** admin

Then click on wireless and you will then see the name of your wireless network to connect the iPhone to, and the password ***** use when connecting.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.