Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have the newest version of itunes installed on a windows…

Customer Question
I have the newest version...
I have the newest version of itunes installed on a windows 7hp laptop. I have also installed Blackberry Link App, which on another computer has allowed me to transfer music from itunes to my Blackberry Z10&Z30. But on this computer when I open Blackberry Link it does not load my itunes music library. It says that itunes is not properly configured. Any suggestions on how I can configure itunes so it transfers music to Blackberry Link app?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Smartphones
2/6/2016
Technician: Ashik, Smartphone Tech replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Smartphone Tech

Hi Dave and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I want you to completely uninstall iTunes and all its components and then reinstall them. Press Windows and R keys and this will bring Run. Type control panel and press enter.

Click Programs and Features (or Uninstall a Program) in Control Panel. The remove the software in exact order (ignore if you can't find some of them).

1. iTunes
  2. Apple Software Update
  3. Apple Mobile Device Support
  4. Bonjour
  5. Apple Application Support 32-bit
  6. Apple Application Support 64-bit

After that, download and reinstall latest iTunes from here --> http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Open iTunes and play some musics. Then close iTunes. Open Link and does it recognize the iTunes Library now ?

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

If you want, I can remotely connect to your computer and try to fix the issue myself for you while you watch. This is an optional additional service.

I have the newest version of itunes installed and I believe that's the problem. The computer on which Blackberry Link is working has an older version of itunes installed. If I delete itunes , I think I am going to try to reinstall an older version of itunes. Thanks,Dave

That will also work Dave. If Link is not updated to work with latest iTunes, then it would cause this issue. Remember, after installing newest version you may need to downgrade the library file. Other wise you may get a error when you open iTunes like this library is created on new version and like so. I will send you instructions to do that. It is pretty simple.

You can find different versions of iTunes from here --> https://support.apple.com/en_US/downloads/itunes

Better to use the same version of iTunes as other PC since you confirmed that is working.

You can also reinstall Link after installing iTunes if needed. Let me know how it goes