Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have an iPhone 6 and my phone does not have a voice in the…

Customer Question
I have an iPhone 6...
I have an iPhone 6 and my phone does not have a voice in the car but outside the car it does do you know why
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Smartphones
2/2/2016
Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 2 years ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Your hearing the response(s) over the car's speakers means, obviously, that while in the car you are working through the car stereo, by way of a Bluetooth wireless connection I would presume. Now, you must be aware that Bluetooth doesn't have a terribly fast bandwidth or transmission rate, so when working via Bluetooth, it may be that the function is either not available at too low a rate, or that it seems not available but is in reality 'buffering' very slowly, with a slow response time.

My phone has no voice when in the car but if I am outside the car it works with sound as soon as I get in the car and turn it does not work why? Is it something in my car?

What maker and model of car do you have?

Toyota camery 2012

That's odd. I really don't know what to make of this case... your car is nothing special. (By which I mean, it is nothing special that I know of that would be likely to muffle wireless signals.)

Since I am out of ideas, I have Opted Out of this case, opening it to other Experts.

Technician: Techie_Ben, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Customer Service

Is the problem only happening with Google Maps, or also for other apps like Music? If just Google Maps, try enabling Bluetooth calling under Settings -> Navigation Settings -> "Play voice over Bluetooth" and "Play as Bluetooth phone call". This will ensure the voice comes through via bluetooth.

It is the apple maps that was already on my phone I don't play music so not sure under settings there is Bluetooth which I so there is no navigation setting under the maps there is a navigation voice which is on so I don't no where you mean

When you're in navigation mode, there is a speaker icon on the bottom right corner of the screen. If you tap that while in navigation mode (in your car), do you see the voice volume option set to "Normal" and the Output set to your cars bluetooth? Note, you wont see this without actually being in the car. Let me know what you find. Thanks again,