Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
51110040

What would cause two phones out of four on the same plan to

Customer Question

What would cause two phones out of four on the same plan to periodically have trouble sending texts. We have four phones on our plan. Two of them live at other locations, and they don't have any trouble. Two of them live at the same location, and periodically cannot send text messages. One is a Samsung, and one is an iPhone. It was happening for one week, and the Sprint store changed the sim card on the iPhone. That seemed to clear it up. But now it's happening again. It won't send the message for an hour or so, and then it will clear up for a couple of hours. I've restarted the router, and I've taken the phone off wifi but it still happens to just these two phones in the same house.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is Joel. Thank you for your question. I can help you resolve your problem. What are the models of your devices?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello, one is a Samsung Galaxy S5 sport and the other is an iPhone 6 Plus. It appears it's not due to our wifi network at home either because it happens when we're away from home and when we are home but disable wifi

Texts messages on Android devices are always carried on the cellular network, so disabling wifi and resetting the router would have no effect on those. There are two types of text messages on iphones. I have no experience with the type that is unique to Apple, so I am not sure about them. I believe that the problem is related to your location, even though you say that it occurs both at home and away from home.

Who is your wireless carrier, and what is your location?

What are the makes and, models, and locations of the other two smartphones on your plan?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your reply. I'm giving up on this. I'll just go to the store. Thank you for your time.

Okay, good luck. Please let me know if you need any more help.