Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I phone 5 is on screen lock will not let me do anything

Customer Question
I phone 5 is...
I phone 5 is on screen lock will not let me do anything cannot open it at all
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/31/2016
Technician: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 2 years ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

is the screen completely unresponsive? If so, please try the following;

First, let’s attempt resolving this issue with your Apple device by trying a hard reset, then proceed from there if that does not resolve the problem:

Disconnect the device from it's cord, if plugged in.

Press and hold your Sleep/Wake button (on the top right) and Home button (on the front) together for around 10 seconds.

When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.

The next thing you should see after the Apple logo is the home or lock screen a few minutes later.

If the above does not work, plug it straight into a power outlet and try again.

Thanks,

tried this already still says , time, screenlock , will not do anything

To clarify, you did see the Apple logo before it returned to the lock screen?

cannot call

That's fine.

Ok, and the lock screen does not respond to any touch at all?

correct just says what it showing like like time date screenlock will not let me slide sreenlock over

Alright and how do you normally sync/back up this iPhone - with iTunes or via iCloud?

I just have back assistant

Alright, sadly that's not going to be a complete back up of your device. However if you've previously had iCloud enabled it should at least be syncing some personal data.

The following procedure is a special firmware recovery mode (DFU). It will erase your Apple device, removing any passcodes, re-install the operating system, and then re-sync user data once it is done via iCloud if you have it.

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

(Mac users can run System Preferences > Software Update (or “Apple Store” for OS X 10.9 users) > Check now to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)

* Open iTunes on your computer and connect the Apple iPhone directly to it

* Turn off the Apple iPhone (press the sleep/wake button on the top until the device completely shuts off).

* Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds

* Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until...

* iTunes should pop up and tell you it’s found a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore.

Note: When you are in DFU mode the device's screen will be completely black.

Note #2: it may ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud. You should try signing into iCloud if you previously used it.

If it doesn’t work the 1st time, start from the beginning and try again. If iTunes *still* doesn't recognize the device, plug it into a DIFFERENT USB port and try once more.

If you receive misc errors when attempting to install/uninstall or sync after installation, try temporarily disabling any anti-virus or firewall software you may be running.

I have done this did not work u cannot fix it I will take to store r u still goin to charge me

You have done the complete Restore? If so, how far did you get?

no where

Ok,

at what step did it fail?

U DID NOT FIX MY PHONE VERY DISAPPOINTED. BAD SERVICE overcharged me I will pass word on Not to use this service

With all due respect, you stopped communicating with me over 5 hours ago. I can not assist you if you do not communicate. Additionally, you have not yet paid me anything. I'm sorry you are frustrated but please remember your situation is not of my doing and nothing further can be done when you do not answer my questions.

Thanks,