Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have a new iPhone 6S and am trying to restore the backup…

Customer Question
I have a new iPhone...
I have a new iPhone 6S and am trying to restore the backup of the phone that I did to iTunes. The phone has a password ***** it and that seems to be getting in the way of the restore. How do I trurn off the password ***** the phone until the restore is completed?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Smartphones
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/24/2016
Technician: Viet-Smartphone Tech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Viet-Smartphone Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following:

Solution #1:

- Open the Settings app icon, then open option Touch ID & Passcode (scroll down as needed)

, then select the option Turn Passcode Off, then touch Turn Off to confirm

, then try to restore the backup again.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please try:

1. Open iTunes program on your computer.
  2. Press & hold the Power button on the iPhone until it lets you slide to turn off, then turn off.
  3. Connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.
  4. On the iPhone, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  5. After 10 or 11 seconds release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  6. Click OK or Restore / factory reset.
  7. Then when prompted, follow the instructions to set up and restore the phone.

Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.

You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34v8HMC9B98

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Reply button below to communicate with me. Thank you.

If you still need help with this issue or with anything else, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me. If everything is fine, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,