Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
51110040

Messages pop up telling me I need to change something to

Customer Question

Messages pop up telling me I need to change something to some other version (or something) in order to speed it up. You probably know what I need to do, so please do help me.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What is the model and make of your phone ? Are you seeing this message on internet app ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it is a Samsung 3GS. The messages pop up when info is being received like say an e-book.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

It is possible that your phone is infected with some kind of malware. Download Malwarebytes AntiMalware from Play Store. Run it and does it find anything ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done. NO MALWARE FOUND. THE MESSAGES ARE TELLING ME TO SWITCH TO A STANDARD VERSION OF SOFTWARE.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

What is the exact message you are getting?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Lily, if it is very late in there then we can continue tomorrow. This question will not be closed. Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me tomorrow morning or any time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
LATE IS NOT A PROBLEM HERE. I AM SEVENTY NINE YEARS OLD AND DON'T SLEEP MORE THAN AN HOUR OR TWO AT A TIME. SO I AM SITTING UP AT INTERVALS AROUND THE CLOCK. DO YOU KNOW IF SAMSUNG HAS A TECH SUPPORT EMAIL ADDRESS.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

It is hard to contact Samsung via email. I will help you. We may need to factory reset the phone and setup as new. What is the exact message you are getting?

That will help me to identify the problem

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I WILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL I SEE IT AGAIN. MAYBE IT WILL STAY THERE LONG ENOUGH I CAN WRITE IT DOWN.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

It should stay there until you tap on the screen. Note it down and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OKAY.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Ok.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ashik, the message is not popping up for a while now. I had tried to re-set my Samsung before I asked Just Answer about it, by turning my phone off and leaving it off for a little while. Do you think maybe that worked and the message won't be back? In any case, I ordered two e-books on my Kindle, "Samsung Tabs for Dummies" and "Tips and Tricks for Samsung Tabs" - maybe they will help me navigate. Hope springs eternal.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

May be that worked. If it appears again, please reply back here and we can fix it.