Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

How do I change my iCloud address without knowing the

Customer Question
password ***** the former account...
How do I change my iCloud address without knowing the password ***** the former account
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Smartphones
10/30/2015
Technician: John T. F., Mac Druid replied 2 years ago
John T. F., Mac Druid

are you the owner of the former account and have merely forgotten the password?

Thanks,

I am former owner

Thanks,

and where are you trying to remove this account from?

iPhone and ipad
Please cancel my membership I need to go to the Apple Store

I am not an employee of JustAnswer and do not have access to your account details to handle requests of this nature.

You can access http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for account help or contact customer service directly via***@******.*** with any financial concerns.

If you change your mind I am here to assist.

Thanks,

Sorry can we continue had to run out

No problem.

When you try to remove the account from Settings > iCloud on each device what message do you receive?

It asks for the password ***** the old Apple ID account

Ok,

in this event you must first reset that password ***** order to remove the old account. This is a security feature with little workaround.

You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/

enter your Apple ID and click Next.

-Select Email authentication followed by Next.

Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password.

If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.

enter your Apple ID and click Next.

-Select Answer security questions and click Next.

-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Next.

- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.

If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your iCloud ID again.

Then, remove it from your devices.

It is saying no Apple ID found

The Apple website?

No the account is locked

Ok,

If you can’t successfully reset your password, you will need special assistance. In this case, you will have to make use of the Express Lane customer service security feature to request investigation of the inaccessible account:

https://expresslane.apple.com/

Choose the correct category and issue as prompted by the service above and you will eventually reach a web form to enter the details of your specific situation. If you need a suggestion for which support path to follow, try:

iTunes > iTunes Store > Account Management > Managing or editing an Apple ID > Email

As an alternative, if you do not wish to handle it online, you can try calling this number: 1-***-***-****. Ask if they can verify you as the owner of the account for the purposes of resetting the password.

This is something I have been fighting with I guess it will be best to go to apple thank you

You are welcome. The phone number may help you as well since this is a server side issue rather than a local problem with the devices.

John T. F., Mac Druid