Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

Downloaded ios9.1 last night on my ipad. Screen keeps asking

Customer Question
me for password, which I...
downloaded ios9.1 last night on my ipad. Screen keeps asking me for password, which I keep entering. Then, screen says disabled??Please advise.....
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Smartphones
10/28/2015
Technician: Ashik, Smartphone Tech replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Smartphone Tech

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You somehow setup a wrong passcode on it after the update. I'm sorry that your iPhone is disabled. This happens when you enter the wrong password ***** times. Unfortunately there is NO way to retrieve that passcode or get back to your phone without the passcode. Your only option is force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPhone press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPhone (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, you will see the Download button at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?

Are you using an iPad ? This question is landed on iPhone category, so I though you are using iPhone. But the instructions are same for iPad as well. Have you tried the steps ?

Ashik, Smartphone Tech