Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

My iphone4 just disconnected now will not turn on at all.

Customer Question

my iphone4 just disconnected now will not turn on at all . What do I do to reconnect so my phone turns on .
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Disconnected from where ?

If it is not turning on, you can try to reset it. To reset, press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried to disconnect from net when a thing showed up on phone that said disconnect so I swiped it to turn phone off . Now phone will not turn on at all .
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

Do this please. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time for 20 seconds and does it show Apple logo ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I swiped it it said this phone has been disconnected . I'm stumped
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

Did you reset it by holding down both Power and Home button at the same time for 20 seconds ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
did that .
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

Does it show Apple logo when you hold down both buttons ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it does
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Um now what do I do please ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pardon me sir what do I do now please ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for the delay. What is the exact message you getting ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

What is the exact message do you see on the screen when you unlock it ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its just apple logo . Only thing there . :(
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

We will have to fix it using your computer. Do you have access to a computer there ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
but not my computer they will not permit me to do that .
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

We need to restore the iPhone from a computer. Is there any way to get access to one ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
later today another location
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

Ok, we can continue then. This question will not be closed. Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me any time you want.

Do you want me to send you the instructions to you now ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can you email instructions please ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

Here are the instructions to fix your iPhone.

You have to restore your iPhone from iTunes application on your computer since it is not booting. Restoring will erase everything from it, but it will restore the software back it and get it to working condition.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPhone press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time UNTIL you see a USB cable pointing to iPhone icon on the iPhone's screen. The iTunes will also detect a iPhone in recovery mode and ask you to restore it.

Click Restore or Restore and Update button.

Note : Put it to recovery mode while connected to computer and also in recovery mode your iPhone will show USB cable pointing to iTunes logo. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, you can get back to me later and I will walk you through the steps

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you I will get back to you on this matter . one way or the other ( bad or good .
Thank you have a blessed day .
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.

No problem. Remember, it might take a couple of tries to restore it. So if you have any difficulty, please let me know and I will help continue to you.

Best Regards,