Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

I bought a new iphone 6 and the wifi was not working so I

Customer Question

Hi I bought a new iphone 6 and the wifi was not working so I reset all settings and now my screen has frozen to the apple logo
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What was the issue with WiFi ? Have you tried soft reset ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried soft reset and it goes back to the apple logo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a computer so cannot reset via iTunes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Is there any way you can get access to a computer ? Any computer ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately restoring via iTunes is your only option. There are no other way to reset the OS. You can restore it from any computer. First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPhone press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time UNTIL you see a USB cable pointing to iTunes icon on the iPhone screen. The iTunes will also detect a iPhone in recovery mode and ask you to restore it.

Click Restore or Restore and Update button.

I know this might not be the answer you want to hear, but restoring from the computer is your only option since the soft doesn't work. If you are not happy with the answer, please don't rate me bad or poor. You don't have to rate me anything if you are not satisfied even if the system asked you to rate me.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

You said this is a new iPhone 6. What was the issue with WiFi ? Was it greyed out or disabled or not recognizing your network at all ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

The reason I'm asking is, newer iPhones are not supposed to get stuck at reset settings screen nor has WiFi issues. Restoring with iTunes is the only way to tell if this is software issue.

If this is not a software issue, you are eligible for an for a free replacement. Can you try restoring with iTunes ?