Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

Nobody is getting my text altho I'm getting theirs. Just

Customer Question
nobody is getting my text...
nobody is getting my text altho I'm getting theirs. Just updated to iOS 9. Help!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Smartphones
9/21/2015
Technician: Richard, Smartphone Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Smartphone Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you hold the power and home button for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo, then release.

Let the iPhone restart and when it has, tell me if you can not send out text messages please.

I can't send as an imessage but it says it went as a text message. What is going on?

What happens when you try to send an iMessage?

apparently nothing.

If it is sending via text, it means then that either they do not have iMessage or you have not internet on the phone.

But you replied with "nothing" so I am not clear sorry how you know its not working correctly.

Well, I have internet and it's my daughter who isn't getting my messages, and we text about 50 times a day. I upgraded to iOS 9. Would that have caused the problem?

It may have.

Can you go to Settings, General, Reset, Reset Network Settings.

Let this complete then try to send a message to your Daughter

Tell me if it is then received please.

OK, so I didn't do that, but I checked to make sure sms and mms are both on. Now she's getting my messages, but they're in green, not blue, and they don't say delivered.

Green is for SMS, so its not sending via iMessage.

But is there a reason you did not do my last instructions?

Do I really want to go back to factory default on my network settings?
well, I just did it so I guess I'll see.

yes, please do this and tell me if it now sends via iMessage.

I reset the network settings to factory default and sent a message to my daughter, Courtney, and it's still green.

If you open Safari, are you able to view web pages?

And what phone does your daughter have?

She and I both have iphone 5. When I open Safari, it says it cannot open the page because my iphone is not connected to the internet (huh?).
Am I making you crazy yet?

ok, it needs to have internet to work, can you go to Settings, Wifi and connect to your wifi network

Then try to send a message.

Let me know the results please.

And no you are not :)

Then try to send a message.

Let me know the results please.

And no you are not :)

I'm connected to the wifi and I get the same message from Safari

ok, press on the wifi connection and disconnect

Then hold the home and power button for 10 seconds till you see the apple logo.

Release and connect again to your wifi network (if you do this right it will ask you for your wifi password)

Connect and then tell me if safari now works please.

it went right to the wifi and no safari still doesn't work.

how do you mean it went right to the wifi?

Did you disconnect it as I asked as if you did it would ask for the password ***** when connecting.

It automatically signs me in to my wifi
sorry, I'm at work so I can't concentrate on my iphone issues 100%
I texted my other daughter and a friend and they get my texts in blue. Courtney is still getting them in green and what she sends me is in green also. Sounds like the problem is between our 2 phones. I should probablly go to the Apple store.

It looks to be an issue on her phone as if others are getting it in Blue it is working for you.

Can you have her do the steps on here phone we have done on yours please via the restart (home and sleep buttons)?

I also noticed that Safari was turned off. It's on now.

ok, and is it now functioning?

Well, Safari is working, but still can't get rid of the green messages between Courtney and me.
I don't know what to do but can't give this issue any more time today. Thanks for your help.

ok, but the issue is now on here phone so the instructions I gave you for this phone you have to do on hers as yours is now working as proven by other recipients.

I have marked this question to never close, so when you do do the instructions on her phone, if you have any problems, let me know here

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Smartphone Specialist