Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

I switched from my Q10 to a Passport then lent my Q10 to a

Customer Question
friend. I now want to...
I switched from my Q10 to a Passport then lent my Q10 to a friend. I now want to switch back to my Q10 because I have to send my Passport in for repair. How do I switch the BB ID back? My Q10 says the ID has already been used and wont allow it. Therefore I can't do a file restore to a different ID.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Smartphones
9/7/2015
Technician: Richard, Smartphone Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Smartphone Specialist

Hi there and welcome

Can you go to the below site

http://us.blackberry.com/devices/features/security/protect.html

Sign in with your ID and then wipe the Passport which will then release the ID to use on the Q10

Let me know the results please.

I cannot wipe the passport as it will not start up.

ok, but you do not needed it to start for this, the instructions I gave you do on the computer, even if it cannot communicate it to wipe it it will release the ID to be used on other devices.

I went in and deleted the ID associated with my email address. I am also trying to delete the device ID used by the person I had lent the phone to.

so the issue is now deleting the ID already in use on the Q10?

I guess so. I signed on the BB account with that person's ID and followed the instructions to Wipe the device. It just says Loading......

ok, hold the power on it till it powers off, then power it on.

What then happens?

Nothing happened and still won't let me do a restore. Do I have to get another BB ID associated with my email address?

No, you have to use your own one, but your saying the Q10 will not start?

No the Q10 started just fine. I deleted my BB ID that was associated with my email.

ok, then get one here and then use it for the email please

https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/createaccount

Got it.

perfect

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I still cannot do a restore from my Passport back up to the Q10. It says BB ID does not match the one on the device.

no you wont until you sign into the Q10 with the same BBID you used on the Passport.

I tried that and it says***@******.*** is already in use. not sure how to get the Q10 to accept it so I can do a restore.

by wiping the Passport as per my initial instructions

Did you do this? As I assumed you did and had no issues as you did not mention this.

When I go to the Protect web site I doesn't show the Passport as one of my devices to Wipe

ok, then it would not show this unless the passport was registered with this ID. Your 100% sure this is the ID you used when signing into the site?

I only used this email address.

ok, then until you get the Passport back and can wipe it, you will have to use a different ID which won't allow you to load the backup.

The Passport did not update the Blackberry servers and as such, you cannot remove the ID on it

Its one of the flaws in the blackberry system sorry.

Richard, Smartphone Specialist