Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

My iphone 5c doesn't make any sounds at all. No sound from

Customer Question
music, ring tones, texts, keyboard...
My iphone 5c doesn't make any sounds at all. No sound from music, ring tones, texts, keyboard clicks or lock screen. However, i can hear all these when the headphones are plugged in.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Smartphones
8/19/2015
Technician: Vinod Menon, Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Hi
Sorry to hear about your issue. :(
How long have you been facing this issue?
Thank you
Vinod
Well i only got the phone yesterday morning and it worked until the evening but now i only get sound when i have headphones in
Thank you.
The issue could be with the hardware or the software. If it is a hardware issue, you may need to get it replaced/repaired.
Let's try some troubleshooting. Press and hold the power button and home button together until you see an apple logo.
If that does not resolve the issue, go to settings - general - reset -reset all settings
Let me know whether that works.
Those didn't work
Now I would suggest you to restore the iPhone.
Open iTunes in the computer and connect the phone. Your phone would now be listed in iTunes. Click on it and you would see a restore button.
Restore it and let's see whether that works.
Vinod Menon, Customer Service