Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

I got a problem with my iPhone 6+ when it's connected to the

Customer Question
wifi at home, then the...
I got a problem with my iPhone 6+ when it's connected to the wifi at home, then the wireless connection will be slow down (including all computers and devices that connected to the wifi) but when I turn off wifi on my iPhone 6+ then the connection will be back to normal and fast for all devices that connected to the wifi. Can I get the better solution for this?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Smartphones
Can I get the solution soon? thanks.
I got a problem with my iPhone 6+ device, when I connected to the wifi at home, all the internet connection that are connected to the wifi will become so slow (including all computers and devices such as iPad, Samsung, blackberry, etc that connected to the wifi), but then when I turn off wifi on my iPhone 6+ , weirdly all the internet connection to all devices that connected to the wifi are back to normal and faster. May I know what cause this and how to solve this problem? I really need urgent answer and solution from you as I have tried to turn off automatic update on my iCloud and also whatsapp setting, but still it didn't work at all when I connect my wifi on iPhone 6+ connected to wifi.
8/19/2015
Technician: ElectronicsPete, Engineer replied 2 years ago
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer
Hello, I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
The latest iOS software is still very buggy, and has a lot of issues.
One of the issues people are facing after updating their iPhone to iOS 8 is Wi-Fi connectivity problems like the slowness you are experiencing.
Apple has released several software updates after the iOS 8 update, which resolves issue with Wi-Fi performance. If you haven’t already, then you can try installing the latest update to see if it resolves the issue. According to iOS 8.3 release notes, it includes several Wi-Fi related bug fixes.
If that doesn't work, you can try disabling Wi-Fi Networking under Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services. This only relates to your location being used for Wi-Fi Networking, so it doesn’t disable Wi-Fi entirely.
You could also try resetting the network settings. Resetting these settings flushes caches and clears DHCP settings and other networking related info. To reset network settings, open the Settings app and navigate to Settings > General > Reset and tap on Reset Network Settings.
Let me know how you get on!
Pete.
Hi Pete, thanks for your response and to be honest I am just now updating to the latest iOS which that I got just today for the announcement from Apple, I hope this will resolve the problems with Wi-Fi performance. And actually I have just recently experiencing this wi-fi issues about these 2-3 weeks, previously I never experienced this issue problem with my iPhone 6+. But what I'm wondering if you said it's the iOS8 update, which is I am also updating for my iPad2 to the latest iOS8 version and it has no problem at all with the wi-fi , just with my iPhone 6+ I got this problem, when connected to the wifi then it will slowing all the devices that connected to the wifi. And one thing that I also confuse that sometimes even I connected my iPhone 6+ to wifi, then sometimes the connection is not a problem, but sometimes slow down, and I have tried to contact my ISP they said that they don't have a problem with the connection, they had no idea regarding this issues, that's why I got so frustrated with this wifi issues.
I have just finished updating my iPhone 6+ with latest iOS version 8.4.1 and it seemed the problem is still happening with the wi-fi issues. I have even turned off the automatic update for iCloud and whatsapp settings, since my friend told me so maybe because of the update then it will slow the connection, but to be honest I don't think that's a problem, as I just happened recently. So, could you please give me another solution? Thanks.
Pete,I also have tried to disable Wi-Fi network settings you have suggested me and still it didn't work.
Also tried to reset network settings but also it didn't work.
Every time I turn on my wifi of my 6+ always all the devices that connected to the wifi become slow, and when I turn off the wifi on my 6+ the internet connection for all devices back to normal and super fast.So could you please help me regarding this issues?Thanks and regards,
Lia
Hi Lia,
Have you tried connecting to Wi-Fi at some other locations?
Does it happen on all Wi-Fi networks?
Hi Pete,Yes I have tried to connect to wifi at some other hotspot or wifi area and the connections is slowing down also, not fast, but I don't know if it also happen for any other devices since I am using free wifi at public hotspot area.
Pete, just now I am trying to connect the wifi at my home and this morning it seems the speed is so fast but later it will slow down again, so it seems that like the connection is not stable .. I really have no idea what's on and what's the problem is happening actually :-(
Pete,Sorry I think I want to cancel this since it really took me so long time to wait for your response and also it didn't work for all the things you have suggested me.Thanks.
Pete,If you really can't help me soon by solving this issues soon, I want the refund or just give me another expert who can help me as I really need it urgently and I can't wait for so long, as what I am experiencing now, I have waited for 24 hours but still no solutions for my issues, so I better get the refund or new expert. Thanks.
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer