Josh, Technician
Experience:  Smartphone support
50836188

I'm have an iPhone 5 got immersed in salt water. One week ago.

Customer Question

I'm have an iPhone 5 got immersed in salt water. One week ago. I cleaned it and put it back together but now it's stuck in apple logo blinking mode. Any suggestions. Even tried new battery. Still same results.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi! Since iPhones are not covered under any warranty for water damage, the only thing you can really try is submerging the iPhone in white rice for 24-48 hours.During that period please do not take the phone out or try to use it. (Make sure it is powered off) Once the time has elapsed, turn the iPhone on and see if it is any better.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.