Smartphones

Smartphone Questions? Ask A Smartphone Technician for Answers

Smartphones

My iPhone has just died

Customer Question
My iPhone has just died
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Smartphones
7/22/2015
Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jason Jones, Technician
Hello,I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.First off, let's try the easiest fixes first.Please, do the following:- Plug the iPhone into the wall charger so it charges.- Wait 10 minutes.- Press both the Home button on the front of the iPhone and the Power button at the same time. Keep both buttons pressed down for 15 seconds or until you see the screen flash. When that happens, let go of both buttons.If the iPhone is working now, you can stop. All is good. If the phone is still off, please continue with the next set of instructions below. Next set of instructions (If the above instructions did not solve the problem, please continue below): You will have to restore the iPhone to a base firmware install, which will erase everything on the iPhone, but you can later restore the contents of the iPhone to a backup that you have on the computer (the same computer you used in the past to sync the phone with):- You will need to have the iTunes application installed first. If you do not have it, you can download it for free from the following site: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/- Press and hold the top power button until the iPhone turns off - Connect the iPhone to the computer that you have been using the phone and iTunes with- Hold down the HOME button on the front while pressing the Power button (continue holding the home button)- Continue to hold the HOME button until you see the "Connected to iTunes" messageOption 1: In the Summary tab, click Restore and follow the prompts. (THIS WILL ERASE everything on the iPhone and make it just as it was when you first purchased the phone).Option 2: Click the button on the top right of the iTunes window for your (iPhone) and then click the Restore button.- Once that is complete, right click the iPhone listing in the left panel of the iTunes window- Choose "Restore from Backup"- Choose a backup date and restore.Now your iPhone will be back up and have all the restored information from your last sync. I will be standing by.Thank you,Jason
Jason Jones, Technician