Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

I have a Lumia 520 I need help resetting it

Customer Question
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Smartphones
6/22/2015
Technician: Ashik, Smartphone Tech replied 3 years ago
Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Do you want to factory reset it ?
Yes but do I take the sim card out 1st? And how do I update it back to cyan afterward
Also I don't want to send my phone anywhere
???
No, you don't have to take out the SIM. Have you tried to reset it already ? Are you able to use the phone ?
No I haven't and yes I can still use it it just wont let me download anything or update anything
Will I be able to get the update to cyan when I reset it?I looked it up and I know how to reset it I just need help with the cyan update when I do reset it
Hey is that really your pic up there?
Did you get my reply ?
What exact version are you using now ? go to Settings > About > more information
Yes what is the link to get back to you
You can reply to me via this page. What exact version are you using now ? go to Settings > About > more information
Will I still be able to make calls and use the internet
After I reset it
Yes, you will be able to make call and use internet after resetting it. Resetting will erase everything from the phone and install a fresh firmware on it, like a out of box phone. Remember, backup your important files before resetting. I just checked and found that Cyan 8.10.12393.890 is available for 520, but it is carrier specific. What carrier are you using ? AT&T ? Only rate the answer after we've solved the problem
The 520 Cyan Update is only available for AT&T Lumia 520 models (US models). Did you buy this phone from AT&T ?
Yes its att but its also thru straight talk also. If I can't have it at the same level I have I'll just keep it the way it is
If the phone is from AT&T, then the update should be available by now. What version of OS are you using now ?
My friend did but I did the bring your phone plan I've already installed all the updates for cyan at least till it stopped updating anything w/out a password ***** nothing I enter is
If it is asking for any password, then it would be the Microsoft account password. You can reset it from here --> https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx Reset the password ***** see if the phone accepts new password. If not, you can reset it and start over. Remember, factory reset will erase everything from it. You can also update your Lumia from your PC using a special software called Lumia Software Recovery. But you have to do this at your own risk. See here --> https://www.thurrott.com/mobile/windows-phone/1243/install-windows-phone-8-1-1-denim-lumia-icon-right-now