Smartphones

Smartphone questions? Ask a smartphone technician for answers

John I have an iPhone 6 I purchased step daughter

Customer Question
Hi John I have an...
Hi John I have an iPhone 6 I purchased for my step daughter and how she has left and I have this phone as it is in my name etc anyway she will not tell us the password ***** she does not want us to read something on there obviously. Is there anyway of getting access to this iphone 6 and its contents. Oh Shri is not activated either. Ta Bron
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Smartphones
6/13/2015
Technician: Ashik, Smartphone Tech replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Unfortunately there is NO way to retrieve that passcode or get back to your phone without the passcode. Your only option is to force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) model, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users.
Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone by putting it to DFU Mode.
First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.
Open iTunes application on your computer.
On your iPhone press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
Click OK or Restore
Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank or will be unresponsive. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take awhile to restore it.
I know you want to get back to the phone without losing anything but it is impossible without the passcode. There is no way to do it. Factory restore is your only option. Even if you take it to the Apple Store, they will erase everything from it.
I know this might not be answer you want to hear. I'm really sorry. Please don't rate me Bad or Poor if you are not satisfied. Remember when rating, you are rating my service to you and not the answer of this site.
If you have any difficulty on following any of the steps above, please reply back to me and I will walk you through it.
Ashik, Smartphone Tech