Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
51110040

Disable voice command on a 4s[os 7.1.2/11D257] without siri,last

Customer Question

disable voice command on a 4s[os 7.1.2/11D257] without siri,
last winter i looked online, but the offered toggle was'nt on my phone
Category: Smartphones
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i worked helpdesk for 5+ yrs - the apple site left me hanging - a 'white-page' was nowhere to be found; my root q. is siri the work-around, - send "pibkc" via txt an i'l check email
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 2 years ago.
Hi
I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.
Did you mean you want to turn off voice commands from the iphone?
If you have siri enabled, please restart the iphone by holding down the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. Once it is back to the "slide to unlock screen", slide the screen to unlock. Then hold down the home button until siri pops up. Then tell siri "turn off voice over". Siri should turn it off for you.
If that does not work, please let me know. And did you mean when you go to settings > general > accessibility > voice over, the button is not there to turn it off?
Thank You
Vinod